East Coast Mataatua to Mata Tour
Departing daily when cruise ships are in Port, this extraordinary tour takes you on a stunning scenic exploration down the East Coast from Tauranga, sightseeing along the way and hearing from our expert guides on the stories that have shaped the region.
Once in the seaside town of Whakatane we stop at Mataatua 'The House that came home' and take their 1 hour long ‘Meet Mataatua’ Tour. You will learn about the amazing story of Mataatua Wharenui, before being welcomed onto the marae and into the scared house by the ancient ritual of Powhiri. Experience the digital experience, ‘Hiko – Legends Carved in Light’ before enjoying a light refreshment of Kawakawa Tea and a Kumera Brownie.
Feeling welcomed and energised by this amazing cultural experience we travel across Whakatane to meet the team at the award-winning Mata Brewery. Here we enjoy a scrumptious lunch paired with delicious craft beer brewed right there at the brewery in Whakatane. Time permitting, we pop into another Bay Brewery on the way back up the coast to experience more tastings of the local craft.
08:30am Daily (when cruise ships are in Port)
- Pickup and drop off outside V8 Trikes on Salisbury Ave, Mount Maunganui
- Meet Mataatua - the house that came home tour (1 hour)
- Delicious set lunch
- Craft beer tastings at 1- 2 locations
- Visit a local working brewery
- Hear from the experts on beer & brewing
- Canned water and snack on board
- Fully guided with commentary
- East Coast Sightseeing
- Minimum tour number 4 adult persons (or equivalent)
- Children 5yrs old and over are welcome on this tour (legal drinking age is 18yrs+ )
How about spoiling your family, friends or workmates with a Brewbus Gift Voucher
BUY A GIFT CARD